Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I was downloading an update and it didn't finish the

Customer Question

I was downloading an update and it didn't finish the download. I had to unplug my computer because it locked up my computer and now I have no security.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Dell desktop about 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the first time it has locked up downloading denfender updates.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following details.

When you say you do not have any security you mean no anti-virus running in the PC?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

Thank you

Note: - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer it’s an automated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Expert:  John replied 30 days ago.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Reply using the box below

Thank you.

Expert:  Michelle replied 28 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.Let me know when you could be online.