Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

When I last spoke with tech support specialist I followed

Customer Question

When I last spoke with tech support specialist Richard I followed all of the steps he suggested. I used the shift key and the windows symbol plus the restart command and save my files. My computer first seemed to be in a preparation mode then the screen went dark. I could see a spinning icon and my power light remained on. That status did not change for a full 24 hours plus. I have saved my critical documents and I am prepared to wipe my drive and start again from scratch if necessary. Thank you for your continued support. Robert P **********
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

It seems that part of the Windows installation has become corrupt.

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode?

If you cannot start in safe mode and run another repair ,then your only option will be to attempt to enter recovery mode and reset the computer to its factory settings.

To restore the computerto its factory settings, boot up the computer and press the "F11" key while it is booting up.

Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your response. Since I didn't hear back last night I decided to reset without saving files which I had already backed up. I would respecfully request to be removed from your customer base. I will not persue any further assistance from my just answer.com. Robert P ************
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Ok, thanks for getting back in touch.
Pete.