Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Real estate agent we have been hacked along with her. now we

Customer Question

real estate agent we have been hacked along with her. now we cannot login to Yahoo emails. I am not real good at all this so am having problems solving it . my ph no is 07 40360087 Jenn
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: since Saturday..................5/11/16
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not really, only the usual. we did have a pinging virus which my computer man fixed, this is different,
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no only this seems to have been caused by the hack which we were told of after it happened, & we may not be able to access our emails because of it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. Sorry to hear about your issue I know it must be frustrating.

Have you tried to reset the password ***** the account?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried to get into it the normal way & will not allow me to get past the password. I have no way to change it if I wanted to to go ahead. It looks like I will need to do just that. change my password ***** I have not long changed it at Yahoo's request because of some breach at the time aaaaaagh. is it safe for you to connect as suggested below ? ? then can I change my password *****???
Expert:  Cris replied 2 months ago.

You will need to try to reset the password. However when an email account is hacked they sometimes will change all the security questions and recovery email. If the reset does not work then next thing would be to fill out a email recovery. But first try to reset and let me know how it goes.

https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?done=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.yahoo.com%2F&src=ym&authMechanism=secondary&yid=&s=Qg--&c=wnXwVPX.2eKgh6B6Mn3bcN25aFdvV1o9DKn3PMbliorBuk2SzHzPf7gdlF2yX8U31Nc2hlS7n.5vs5hyzYTCQfdgKzRmHkpRL5xLRxmLEt9B_M.2SKjFADaiXByFGMWQUByVuOwj49MGBET3diBzRpyqSVscGCcF2Igbeo3I2E.z6gW..gLKALi51nDHQdHEXNzBcomya8dDcA1iIEcQOkspxIk01Ogdp7J4t3hi~A