Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Have a W7 system, upgraded to 8, then 8.1, then 8.1, then

Customer Question

Have a W7 system, upgraded to 8, then 8.1, then 8.1, then W10. VER 1501. Ran OK. It tried installing 1607 and went into a blank screen shutdown. I try to interrupt reboot, and system goes back to trying to install 1607. Now I see you have a process to create media, on systemA to install on systemB IF you have product key for 10. I only have the key for W7. How do I proceed, and can I try a Repair first, back to 1501 to backup some data ?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Pretty fair amount. Single user, home system
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: You may have remembered we had a hurricane recently. I unplugged the unit, prior to arrival, and left it off until yesterday when it went into UPDATE HELL.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My options ?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 29 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

What exactly happens when you power on your computer right now?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Powered off system Powered on. Black Screen with Windows icon, blinks, now Circle with 65%, Installing Windows. Now previously, the screen was blank, power showed on monitor.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Finished reboot. Displays msg, Updated Windows or Installed Windows.
Why does everything cost extra. System shows $5 for initial question,, 35 for extended support, and my account has already been charged $40, with now instruction how to cancel a monthly fee! Not pleased. System says my files are where I left them, Blue background, large text summary. All my software is gone.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
is this all I get for my $40 ??
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
HELLO !!
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
ALMOST !) MINUTES HELLO !!!!
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
10 minutes

Your computer will likely require complete reformat/recovery. I sent you an offer for phone support if you wanted one-on-one interactive help in doing that over the phone. If you are looking for more general advice, I can also provide that here, to include basic instructions to create media, install, etc.

I do not work in billing, but please know there is an additional fee for the phone or remote support, and the cost of your question is not $5. $5 is just , as stated, a deposit. All we technicians ask for is a good rating so we get credit for our time. Rating does not cost anything, and the fees you pay are what you agree to the site.

Just let me know if you would like written instructions here , or phone support. Thank you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
What if I have additional question in the morning, is that extra or what ?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I think I will decline the phone support. How do I cancel monthly ?

I don't know, but you can contact customer support for anything about a monthly subscription. A subscription is optional.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you . Good night.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I can not select a rating

I don't ask for a rating until I've helped you to solving your problem. Would you like to proceed?