Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Modelx6170. power not turning on. not the outlet

Customer Question

modelx6170. power not turning on. not the outlet supply?????????
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Hey Les, i'm tim and will be assisting you, can you explain a little more about your problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, no longer plugged in. not using to fax. just make copies. will not turn on...no power
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

So the printer simply doesn't turn on at all correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
mine is a simple question, no need for all this back and forth
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

its not that simple, it sounds like the printer had a hardware failure, if its not powering on, something died.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

If its plugged in, and has no power, its dead, hard to say what died, but i can tell you its not worth fixing, printers never are, always better to replace. Make sense?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, will not turn on. why is this dragging on??? no, I do not want a computer check up. just want to determine why this f**ker not working?????
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Listen, stop with the rude attitude Les. I'm not here for you to abuse. Your printer will not turn on because its broken, could be the power supply inside of it, or the main board. - How could you possibly assume I would know whats wrong with a printer that will not take power?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

You can accept the fact that your printer has had a hardware failure. and needs to be replaced, ask me to send you to another expert who will tell you the same thing, its pretty black and white.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

I'm telling you the truth, i'm an actual engineer, and in Colorado, not in India or where ever. And I am not here for you to talk down to.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

And again, it is not worth fixing, the cost of fixing it will be more than a new one, that's just how printers are these days.