Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

We have no Direct tv service, have tried calling the 800

Customer Question

We have no Direct tv service, have tried calling the 800 number, followed all the prompts several times to no avail. When we press the number beginning with 7, there is a busy signal. Have spoken with the installer of this system and he took us through several things. Still no tv. Please address this asap.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Have a Dell tower.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Nno
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am talking about the television. Not having problems with the computer.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 28 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the absence of TV service on your TV.

Was there a windstorm or similar high wind event lately, in your region? if so, the dish antenna, or similar receiving antenna, may be blocked, or off-target / out of sync with the satellite it is to be receiving from.

A check on the position, and situation generally, as to 'where it is looking' and whether there is now a tree in the way or other large obstruction, would be the first thing to do.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have checked that and there is no obstruction.
The tv is off on the date and time. The time is 5:19 pm and the date is 12/31. It is 9:32 am on 11/4.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I would like a tech person to come out to my home and fix it - no charge. We are not responsible for this inconvenience and if it turns out we are, definetly I will pay.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

The time you quote implies you are in California or another West Coast state.

If you need a tech to do a house-visit, I am not sure how to advise you, aside from the obvious: contact DirectTV; surely they have a service plan or some such, in case of interruption of services.

But first I would have to ask:

- are you eligible for Direct TV 'Payment Extension' (which I guess is a credit for missing service time) ?

- and, what error code shows up on your TV, please? it might just be something local, e.g. TV settings, that I can figure out for you.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I don't know about being eligible for a Direct TV extension plan.
There is no error code.
We are in Oregon.

If the TV screen is simply blank, do you have a Direct TV box?

If so, unplug that box for at least 20 minutes, then see if service resumes when it has started up again upon turning it On again, within 5 more minutes of that being done.

If the TV shows 'No Signal', then try changing the Signal Source, or Video Source, in the TV's MENU settings... it may have strayed off by an accident, from the right setting.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The screen is not blank. It has instructions on what to do that do not work. I have contacted the man who installed the system, his boss who told me to contact customer service and get a number. I gave his the order number from you. I cannot get through to Direct tv at all. Busy signal when first dialed. The one time we did get through, got a busy signal on the extension I was connected to.
If you can fix this by me giving you $39, I will do so, but if it is just a shot in the dark, I don't want to do it. We are seniors on a fixed income.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Is there something going on with Direct tv in other areas?

Is your internet through Direct TV too? or does your internet service still work?