Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Microsoft Solitaire Collection is not loading. It won't run.

Customer Question

Microsoft Solitaire Collection is not loading. It won't run. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, wsreset and going to the app and doing the advanced setting to "fix" the app. Nothing has worked so far.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: What do you mean model of computer. Its a desktop Gateway. How do I figure out the operating system?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Most of my updates are automatic, but not to my knowledge.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please, what exactly happens when you try to open Solitaire?

Is it coming up with a specific error?

Please let me know

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It just sits on the blue screen and does nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

Can you tell me please the version of windows you are using?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

Close all programs

Press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me if it now runs please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

you're welcome

Let me know the results please.