Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Firefox as main browser was lost and replaced by something

Customer Question

Firefox as main browser was lost and replaced by something named MY WAY after a download. Have checked options to restore Firefox, but need to ensure all my tabs, deets etc originally in place are restored. Please help with specific instructions ... 77 yr-old reasonably savvy grandmother ...
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Computer tower configured by computer tech I've used for years during my career as international published author
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not to my knowledge ... I was surfing the net in an attempt to clarify a health issue, which set up a different banner .... My Way. I closed down, waited, re-opened, but the same banner appeared.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I prefer Firefox as my browser. Want it back with all my tabs etc as before. I have writing manuscripts saved in WordPerfect, accounting in Quicken ... Can't afford to mess up, delete any existing programs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. In Firefox, please click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Firefox program, then click on Options, then delete everything in the Home Page box, then close Firefox and re-open it and check. (If needed, you can type the website you want there.)

- If that does not work, please click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Firefox program, then click on the ? (question mark) icon at the bottom, then click on option Troubleshooting information, then click on option Refresh Firefox..., then click on Refresh Firefox, then wait a bit, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Please let me know if there is still any issue, or if you are stuck at any step.

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly and quickly on your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,