Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I recently switched to Google Chrome from Internet Explorer.

Customer Question

I recently switched to Google Chrome from Internet Explorer. I was an "owner" on a google account previously set up by a member of the organization that I work for. I thought I could just log in to my google groups account but it seemed I wasn't recognized. In the process of trying to long on to this account I changed my password. Now I have a new google account but cannot get into the old one. Can you help? I need access to the old account to send out group emails. Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: Well I use comcast.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Honestly, I was having so many issues with my computer, I took it in to Best Buy to have Geek Squad look at it. They cleaned it up, transferred all of my data to Chrome so I don't know. Maybe I did. Sorry....I get overwhelmed with this sometimes but I did recently save a password ***** microsoft.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the google groups that I am an "owner" on is***@******.*** I really need to be able to log into this for my job. The gal that first connected my name to group tried to redo it but it says I'm still owner on account.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to sign into your normal Google account? What exactly goes wrong?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,