Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years ExperienceCCNA Network EngineerA+ Net+ Linux & Windows OSC++ Programming
74139101

In a moment of insanity, I clicked install on the UPS site.

Customer Question

In a moment of insanity, I clicked install on the UPS site. Firefox then put that as my first tab. I deleted that Firefox and re-installed. Guess what? It's still there!
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I don't go to UPS that often, so I want it to go away forever! You mean with this particular Dell laptop? Not much. Actually, just deleting the corrupted Firefox and re-installing it was above my pay grade, but I learned from the Netflex techs how to do it.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just the update to Firefox when I had trouble with Netflix.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to get rid of the UPS feature.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, how are you doing today?

What would you like as your first tab instead of the UPS site?

I can help you set it to another website you prefer instead

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They already notified me that they took another $35 out of my account without my permission. Sending you my information was the second stupid thing I did today. Kindly: 1) refund my $35, I only authorized $5. 2) remove anything on my first tab. If I must have something, let it be Facebook. If I don't get the $35 back immediately, I mean within the next working day, I'll contact the FCC.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

I am here yes - this service is not free

Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

When you asked your question there was a terms of service page indicating how the payments work

Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

I am not in the billing department so I don't know how much you are paying for your question but I sent you a remote service request for $5 which is usually $39, did you get it?

Here are the terms:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will hold for 2 more minutes. You know what? "Just Answer" doesn't mean "after you read a 10 page terms of service."If you sent your answer to my phone, I do not have a smart phone so I do not have access to it.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

Also, you are entitled to a full refund for 30 days so there's nothing to worry about regarding that, if you're not satisfied you can always use that option.

Would you like me to continue helping you with your problem or would you like to speak to billing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are a network engineer. I would not expect "Just answer" to put a lawyer on here to tell me about the terms of service. I, however, AM a lawyer. One business day to return my entire $40, since I did NOT get an answer in a form I could access.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is like the White Rabbit asking Alice if she would like MORE TEA! You haven't helped me yet, so how can you continue to help me???
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

My initial response to you was:

Hello, how are you doing today?

Did you get that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OHHHHHH! Asking me questions about my question is "help?" That must mean putting the Dormouse in the teapot was giving Alice "more tea." I have about 6 text messages on my cell which I can't access. Please process my refund. I'll call a friend.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please confirm that you will send my request for a refund, and my formal cancellation of this service to your billing. Also include the deadline of 24 hours to refund the money they took without permission. By the way, adding clauses to a contract by means of "terms and conditions" is called "adhesion." It is not favored under the law---probably too much like a forefeiture.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
BTW, I am not criticizing YOUR abilities, only what this site has done. You have been fairly responsive, considering how annoying I have been. You can give yourself 5 stars.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

I'd imagine you could understand some questions require more information to give a solid answer to - if I were to give you a generic answer to your question it might or not work so the usual approach is ask the customer a few questions so we can make sure your question is answered in the most efficient way.

This link will show you how to request a refund:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/143

If you'd rather do it over the phone I can also give you billing's phone number

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I understand that you must elicit information in order to help someone. That is also common in my business. However, my asking for information is NOT considered "helping."I would like YOU to send a record of our conversation to your billing. I will also contact them myself. Thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

You're most welcome and sure, no problem.

Hope you get the problem resolved and if you change your mind feel free to send me a reply and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Martin did a FINE JOB. This WEB SERVICE SUCKS! I did NOT get an answer to my question, because you sent it to my cell, which is NOT a SMART PHONE. So, I may indeed HAVE the answer, but I have NO ACCESS TO IT, so it amounts to not having gotten an answer. It is, however, not MARTIN'S FAULT, because the fault belongs to the COMPANY and for whatever reason they chose to set it up this way. GROSSLY UNSATISFACTORY, and the $35 withdrawal is being reported as FRAUD. Today, I had to go into my Bank of America branch, which I have documented, to complain about the $35 being withdrawn from my account. I also had to call B of A, for which I was on hold for 34 minutes, and the bank promised to call me back. They did. Six times. They hung up before I could answer. I guess the whole world has gone mad.