Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

An automatic update VIA Microsoft just completed (a big one)

Customer Question

An automatic update VIA Microsoft just completed (a big one) and when the restart finished, I now have a screen that is LOCKED with a phrase "that tabletop massif in the picture has a name" and in the right of the screen is "like what you see?" plus when I press any key, the screen goes dark for approx. 1 minute then the screen refreshes with the same 2 messages. I have tried a lot of things and NOTHING will let me escape or give me the desktop. Not even pressing CTL, ALT, DEL keys work. They will normally bring up the "Task Master" but not now. HOW DO I GEET FREE???
JA: The computer technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: HEY...Before any payment, read my problem and make certain you can provide a solution.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a HP CPU running Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Read the detailed problem I dent ...
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not on the computer that has the problem due to it being locked up with the screen that I previously described in detail.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you hold the power button for 60 seconds, then release.

Then power it on and tell me please exactly what then happens.