Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I got a motice that says your computer has been blocked call

Customer Question

I got a motice that says your computer has been blocked call 1***-***-****. I think it is a scam, but computer definitely blocked
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you answer your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tell me what to do
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Microsoft or any computer company never calls any customer and if you want to verify you can open google and check for Microsoft toll free number or the number you got on the pop screen. The email or the popup message you got may have a different number where you can call and they will lure you and make you understand the your computer is at risk and they can extort $300 to $500 from you and will disappear.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

if it in your email mark them as spam and block.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning/phone-call-scams-claiming-to-be-microsoft/aefc50a4-d7a4-4c79-8db5-2fafcd6ad196

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

check out the link i attached.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you