Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

YOUR EDGE CAUSED MY COMPUTER TO CRASH. HAD TO RESET COMPUTER

Customer Question

YOUR EDGE CAUSED MY COMPUTER TO CRASH. HAD TO RESET COMPUTER AND NOW BACK TO WIN 8.1. I WANT TO GET BACK TO WIN 10 WITH CLEAN EDGE THAT DOES NOT LOCK UP MY COMPUTER.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP pavilion e040us. Now back to win 8.1 but was using win 10 for over a year until last night when edge totally locked up mu computer and I had to reset whole system and now back win 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes an edge update came through at 10:59 p.m. on 11/01/16 and the computer totally locked up every time i activated edge. Only edge caused the problem. I want to go back to the free win 10 i had over a yea ago,
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. How do i stop updates automatically coming into my computer. I turned off the auto update feature but updates still auto come through.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried using Internet Explorer program instead?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,