Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I got an email that said my network was trying to be

Customer Question

I got an email that said my network was trying to be compromised from a IP address in Japan and Germany. It said to call or go onto Microsoft's web page and fill out a complaint form. It gave me a code and a phone # to call also. Is this a scam or do I have to fill out a complaint form
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Alienware , with Windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It updates automatically. It probably did last week
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

can you post a screenshot if possible on this chat.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, It was an email that was really blurry, you couldn't even read the IP address that was give from Germany. It just said I needed to call Microsoft or go to their web page and fill out a complaint form. they gave me a phone # of(###) ###-####and a code of A23257. I have been dealing with a hacker for about 2 years and I'm not letting anybody near my computer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

Microsoft never calls any customer and if you want to verify you can open google and check for Microsoft toll free number. The email which you got may have a different number where you can call and they can lure you and make you understand the your computer is at risk and they can extort $300 to $500 from you and will disappear.

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

check out the link i attached.

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you