Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am using Quicken for the Mac 2007. I received a message

Customer Question

I am using Quicken for the Mac 2007. I received a message that my file was corrupted and the app closed. The message referenced trashing the Quotes file which I did. I also tried to trash the com.intuit.quicken.plist file and also the App support folder for Quicken (these were recommended by Intuit. None of this worked. I also tried opening the data file within Quicken 2016 but received the same message that the file was corrupt and it could not be opened. Of course, the last backup file I made was from 3 months ago. Any ideas
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm using a MacBook Pro and OS 10.12.1 (Sierra).
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed an update on the 10/29
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should do it. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

I would like you to try to repair the file please

to do this

1. Open the data file in Quicken.

2. Open the Accounts window, and then press the COMMAND, OPTION, and B keys on the keyboard simultaneously to reindex your file.
  3. Once the file has reindexed, select the File menu select Save a Copy

When saving the copy, you may want to give the copy a new name and save it to the desktop.

4. After the Save a Copy is complete, select the Quicken File menu and select Open File.
  5. In the Open window, select the data file that you just created with the Save a Copy feature.
  6. Verify that any problems you were experiencing are resolved in this new file, and then continue using this new copy as your data file.

Tell me the results from this please.