Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My wifes Facebbook has been hacke and friends are getting

Customer Question

My wifes Facebbook has been hacke and friends are getting friend requests. I chamged her pasword this afternoon and was told her account was secure. Our son just called from New mexico and said he just received another request. how do I recover her account
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: She is using it now.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

I would recommend you to change your password ***** and enable login approval for your facebook account.

Login approvals are a security feature similar to login alerts, but with an extra security step. If you turn on login approvals, you'll be asked to enter a special security code each time you try to access your Facebook account from a new computer, mobile phone or browser.

To turn on login approvals:

1. Go to your Security Settings
  2. Click on the Login Approvals section
  3. Check the box and click Save Changes

After you turn on login approvals:

• If you haven't saved the device (ex: computer) or browser you're using, you'll be asked to do so when you turn on login approvals. This way you won't have to enter a code when you log in from any of your recognized devices or browsers. Don't click Save this browser if you're using a public computer (ex: a library computer).

Note: You need to have a mobile phone number listed on your account to turn on login approvals. You can add one to your account when you turn on login approvals.