Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My home page is stuck on another website and cannot get back

Customer Question

my home page is stuck on another website and cannot get back on my firefox home page.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: hp windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: my avg I have used for scanning and updating
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. In Firefox, please click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on Options, then delete everything in the Home Page box. Then if you'd like to, type in the home page website you want. Then click on the Home icon at the upper right corner and check.

- If that does not work, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Firefox program, then click on the ? (question mark) icon at bottom, then click on option Troubleshooting Information, then click on option Refresh Firefox..., then click on Refresh Firefox. Then wait a bit, and check.

- If needed, change the home page again (by clicking on the 3-bar icon -> Options.)

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please let me know if there is still any issue, or if you are stuck at any step. If you'd like to, I can also connect remotely to your computer, and fix this issue directly and quickly on your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,