IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am unable to add second payment method on windows 10 it

Customer Question

I am unable to add second payment method on windows 10 it says its already saved but i cant see or it doesnt give me the option when buying an app to use it
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Its an IBM and running windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: al up to date
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Just to clarify, are you looking to add the payment method for purchasing apps on the Windows Store?

Please reply at the box below, and then click Send.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i already have one card but want a second card added to purchase apps
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 months ago.

OK. Please open up the Windows Store now, and then click on your user icon (circle icon) at the top of the Store window. Next, click "Payment Options".

Sign in to your Microsoft account, when prompted; do you see your payment methods listed on the page that opens up?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
only see the original card not the second
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 months ago.

OK. Please tap on that existing card there, and then click "Remove".

Done that, re-open the Windows Store and try to purchase an app - it will prompt you to add and use a new payment method thereafter, and you can then add your second payment method accordingly.

Do keep me posted on the results. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to submit one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service - this is the only way I'll receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ive done that before but when i try to add the other card it says its already saved but i cant see it to use it
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 months ago.

Hmm, that's odd. Please allow me a couple of minutes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 months ago.

Can we go ahead with a free remote session so that I can check the payments screen for you now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 months ago.

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e2ea0a5a-57d9-4baf-96a5-bd20feaec1f2

On the page that opens up, click on "I Agree".

Follow the on-screen prompts to download and OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" remote file, and we will be connected.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 months ago.

Connected now; thank you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if you still require assistance with adding a payment method for Windows Store?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.