Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My friend has a computer,and he has a warning message

Customer Question

My friend has a computer,and he has a warning message telling him to ring Micro soft toll free number but he does not know the number.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is an Acer and he has Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Please inform your friend NOT to call up that number; it's shown by a scam/rogue third party, and NOT affiliated with Microsoft in any way. These types of "services" hijack the browser and show up these fake popups/alerts to trick users into providing them with their personal/financial info, along with allowing them remote access to their PCs. Microsoft will never provide unsolicited contact info unless their services are specifically requested for. They may simply restart their computer/browser to get rid of that popup/alert now.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to submit one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.