Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Acer Aspire laptop -Can't get keyboard to work. Have re

Customer Question

Acer Aspire laptop -Can't get keyboard to work. Have re booted four times, no help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Aspire? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Aspire laptop, windows 8.1,E1 -572 - 6648
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no, I even ran system restore Sept 19,, but to no avail. Right now on Wife's laptop
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to get keyboard up again. TY.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

I am extremely sorry for late reply. The problem you are facing can be caused by two reasons, One, if the keyboard is defective or two, if the keyboard driver is corrupt, to find out the exact fault, you have to connect an external USB keyboard with the laptop. After that, restart the laptop. If you see that, the external keyboard is working then, it will be confirmed that the inbuilt keyboard is defective and in that case, you have to get it replaced from any local repair shop.

If the laptop is less than one-year-old then, you can get the keyboard replaced from Acer, without any charges. Let me know if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.