GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My Norton security is not working and our term is till next

Customer Question

my Norton security is not working and our term is till next april. I had it in to a computer specialist in august because I thought something was wrong. they downloaded windows ten and made a shortcut to Norton on desktop. now I think Norton is in a folder and I cannot get it out. then windows defender is turned off and I cannot find my maintenance and security;.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if you tell me what to do I can try and do it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are u available now?
you can just tell me what to do.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Yes sure, give me a minute please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Right-click on start (windows logo), in the search box, type Norton then Find Norton product on the list, now left click and drag the shortcut to your desktop.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is in desktop already
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when I open it, it comes under the files
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better?

What is happening when you click on norton ? is it working or not please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he Norton file and the Norton shortcut are on desktop and when I open either one the file popup with them in a folder or the shortcut properties show them in target; file folder , target location is engine 64 and target is Norton security, start is ; is blank ] shortcut key is none run; normal window. so if I click open file location it shows under files.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Ok last questions: What is the version of your Norton Product? do you have your Product Key?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
22.7.1.32
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
t1l10700500A
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Please What version :

• Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
  • Norton Security with Backup
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Comcast Norton Security Suite

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
don't know
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.
  1. Start your Norton product.

2. On the main product window, look for the product name.

3. On top-right corner, click Help and then click About.

4. In the About window, look for the Version.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no screens have help or about
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Can I set up a remote session (Without extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what if it was put in a folder somehow, it it work then
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can we get it out of the folder to the desktop to work.?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

What is the type of this file please? can you send me a screenshot

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did u see the pic on message
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

No, can you send it again please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sent it to the number that u are messaging me.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Let me open your question to other experts

Thank you

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'll need to ask you a few questions in order to best help. Please answer these question with the information for the cmputer that you are having the problem on. I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

If you have a MAC, from the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version number should appear there. Once I have this information I should be able to provide detailed instructions for resolving the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
laptop
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
laptop Toshiba amd a6. satelite
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. Can you do one more thing please? Please click here http://whatsmyos.com/ and tell me what you see. That will tell me whether you have Windows 7, 8, or 10.

If it's easier for you I will be happy to remotely connect your computer and fix this for you while you watch, at no extra charge. Just let me know if you'd like to do that and I'll provide instructions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
windows 10 hom and 64 bit
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you so much. Please give me just a moment to type out instructions.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

You'll need to right click on the Norton Icon and then left click on Properties. Next, click in the target box, and change the link to point to the folder where Norton is currently located. After you have made the change, please click on apply and then ok. If you have any trouble at all doing this just let me know. I will connect and I should be able to do this very quickly while you watch.

If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I have to have u take over
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

No problem. I'll be happy to. Please click the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a4f78930-29d1-4d1d-af14-52752a388afc

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there . For some reason we did not reconnect. Please click the link below to reconnect.

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)I'll then be connected.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

For your convenience I have uploaded a pdf for you, detailing the steps that I will be taking to clean your computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi geek gal I am in safe mode are u still working on my computer?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

For some reason I was unable to reconnect. We need to go through the connection process again:

Please click the link below to reconnect.

I'll then be connected.

If for any reason you can't reconnect in safe mode, just start up in normal mode and we'll connect and I'll start from the beginning.