Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I have no sound even though computer says that there is no

Customer Question

I have no sound even though computer says that there is no problem detected.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: ASUS TP500L Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Automatic updates possibly
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question.

When did you first start having this issue with sound?

Please type your reply at the box below, and click Send.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This has been an issue for a while now ...been overseas in September....noticed it when returned....
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, okay. Just to clarify, do you not get Windows sounds either (e.g. when logging on to your account)? Can we go ahead with a free remote session so that I can check this for you now? Do let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I dont. Speakers dont work.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

OK, please do this now:

RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen, and click "Device Manager".

In the Device Manager window, double-click on "Sound, video and game controllers" - do you see any audio device listed there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Realtek High Definition Audio
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

OK; please RIGHT-CLICK on that device and select "Uninstall".

TICK the "Remove driver software" checkbox when prompted and uninstall the device.

Next, in the Device Manager, click on the "Actions" tab at the top > Scan for hardware changes".

Allow it a couple of minutes to detect and reinstall the audio device.

Finally, open up a video on Youtube and check if the sound works all right this time. Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still no sound on You tube video after audio device automatically installed when scanned for hardware changes. Computer installed High Definition Audio.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hmm; can we set up a quick remote session so I can troubleshoot this further, directly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=eaa7e48e-217e-4abe-af0d-6b90706788ce

On the page that opens up, click on "I Agree".

Follow the on-screen prompts to download and OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" remote file, and we will be connected.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oops I lost your comments...
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, I got disconnected from your screen now - did your Internet connection drop?

Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

my name is***** previous expert has opted out of your question because you both seem to have lost the connection with each.

Would you be interested in letting me continue to solve this problem directly at your computer via another remote connection? If so, please accept my offer for this and we can get started.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client,

I hope you are doing fine and I am looking forward to your feedback, so that I can help you to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck