Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

Well it is a mess along with my HTC One 9 phone. It all

Customer Question

Well it is a mess along with my HTC One 9 phone. It all started with the phone. I rebooted the phone to rid of the security pattern wanted to use. I could not use it because it did not choose it or the pattern. That is part of the problem.
JA: Just to clarify, how often has the machine been crashing or freezing?
Customer: Well it is not doing that., I is not letting me completely let me reboot it. Another strange thing. As I type the cursor is in front of the last character. No after it as normal.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: HTC did l long update recently (in the last week or so).
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: who is the tech and what kind of fees are there
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Does it sound relatively easy fix?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Do you mean you rebooted the phone or you reset it?

Which method did you use?

Do you know the current unlock pattern?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - can you please let me know:

- Do you mean you rebooted the phone or you reset it?- Which method did you use?- Do you know the current unlock pattern?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already paid and our session was disconnected. No work was done on my account. I was assured that there would be no add. charges?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was not using the pattern I was using the 4 digit to unlock my phone. It changed by itself.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did compete reset
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is that enough information or do you need more?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

What do you mean by "compete reset" - did you press a combination of buttons on the phone? Which reset option did you select?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see you have an answer for me. I just got your email. What is next?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I need to know:

- What do you mean by "compete reset" - did you press a combination of buttons on the phone? Which reset option did you select?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you fix the problem or do you need to connect to my computer?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I thought the problem was with your phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I reset the phone I used the power button and the vol. up pressed. When I went in like that again when I got where I used the command the login. Still had same problem. Could not get past google. Are you still there?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Yes I am still here, please give me a moment to read your reply and then type back to you....

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok, here is what you need to try again to reset the phone:

1. Back up data on the internal memory.

2. Be sure the phone is off.

3. Press and hold the Volume Down key.

4. Turn the phone on by pressing the Power key until the phone vibrates, then release Power.

5. Continue holding the Volume Down key.

6. Release the Volume Down key when the black screen with red and blue lines of text appears.

7. Press the Volume Down key repeatedly until reboot to bootloader is highlighted, then select it with the Powerkey.

8. The device will display a white screen with colored text.

9. Press the Volume Down key repeatedly until BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE is highlighted, then select it with the Power key.

10. The screen will display the white HTC screen, and then turn black. After several seconds, a picture of the phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark will appear.

11. Hold the Power key, while pressing and releasing the Volume up key. This can be done at any time after the screen turns black. If this button combination is pressed before the image of the phone with the red triangle appears, it may take several seconds for the recovery menu to appear at the top of the screen.

12. Another black screen with red and blue text will appear.

13. Press the Volume Down key repeatedly until wipe data/factory reset is highlighted, then select it with the Power key.

14. Press the Volume Down key repeatedly until Yes – delete all user data is highlighted, then select it with the Power key.

15. Once the data wipe is complete, make sure reboot system now is selected and press the Power key.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    I am on the white screen. I has different options. Which one do I select?
    Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

What options can you see?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    The only thing I did not do was to back up data. I have Norton cloud with all my data. . The screen I now black and the print is red yellow and blue. I says "it says wipe all data" THIS CANNOT BE DONE (sorry for the capitals - that is how it is written
    Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    How do I get around that?
    Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Can you try skipping that step and go on to the next one?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    It keeps saying yes no yes no. I can't out of this screen
    Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    do I have to start over? When we get this done you will get a great review.
    Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Yes, please try restarting the reset procedure again and let me know if it works.
    It sometimes takes several attempts to get it to work successfully.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    okay
    Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    I have started again (2)
    Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    This time it rebooted my phone but the screen is mixed cities horizons.
    that is going to lead me to the screens that ask Google G Mail questions. I will try again (3)
    Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    Okay I well try (4) again.
    Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    The screen is black with yellow, blue and white lettering So are the other screens. I would think there is no problems. Okay try #5. WooHoo.
    Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    Quick question. Norton has always had my back up. If I did not. How would I back uo anything a phone that I locked out? Just a thought.
    Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If you didn't have a backup made anywhere before the phone was locked out, then there is no way to back it up or recover it after you have been locked out. This is why it is important to always back up.

Is all well again with the phone now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    I have my back up in a cloud. Once I can get into my phone I just contact the cloud and everything will transfer back into my phone.
    Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok that's great that you have a backup!

Did you get the phone successfully reset yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    No I still cannot log into my phone.
    Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If you have tried the reset method several times and it still won't work then something may be wrong with the software on the phone and it will need to be reflashed by a phone tech.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I notice you haven't rated my service yet..
    Do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    I tried the answer you provided and the phone is still not working.
    Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Did you try the reset method several times and it still won't work?

If so, then the software on the phone will need to be reflashed by a phone tech using specialist equipment.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
    My wife is in rehab for Spinal Surgery and I have doctors appointments today and tomorrow. I am available for the next 30 min (2PM PST). I will check back later if we have not communicated. Tomorrow I am having spinal epidurals so I will be sedated but, I may be able to check back tomorrow afternoon.