Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My computer is fine. Did you send notice that I changed my

Customer Question

My computer is fine. Did you send notice that I changed my password ***** wanted too
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Its a Dell and we're using Windows
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.

Please tell me what password ***** are referring to? This could be anything. to windows? email? icloud etc?

Where did you receive this message and from who supposedly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a Windows 10 & I am referring to my paypal acct.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All I want to know is did you send me notice that I or someone tried to change my pay pal password

Ah, so you are getting change password ***** your email about paypal?

Can you tell me exactly the name of the sender/email address?

And if you can, try to remember anything odd, in your browser, emails, etc.

Anything recently change or feel 'off' in your surfing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, nothing has changed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know it. How about we stop here and cancel Just Answer. Please refund my $5.00. Thank you for your time. Paul
Expert:  Robert M. replied 30 days ago.

It was probably a scam.

If it asked you to "log in" using a link for any reason that link probably went to a non paypal site that would then have your login and password.

If you ever get something suspicious do not click the link in the email. lgo to the site and log in as you normally would and see if there is a message for you there.

if you would like to confirm this one yourself you can call paypall at(###) ###-####/p>

Without seeing the email myself i can not be certain that it is a scam. Some ways to tell are to check the actual email address it came from. if it does not have @paypal.com it is a scam. things like***@******.*** would be a scammer trying to make it look like paypal

another way to tell is if you look at the link no matter where it says it is going hovering the mouse over it should tell you somewhere in the email program either above the link in a box or on the status bar below where it is actually going. if that is anything but the normal paypal.com it would be a scam that does not go to paypal but to somebodies private web page which will look like paypal login but will just grab your id and password ***** they can empty your account.