Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I had to replace the hard drive on my computer which I had

Customer Question

I had to replace the hard drive on my computer which I had Windows 10 that I had installed when it was free. Now I can't recover Windows 10 and don't want to have to buy a new license. Is there anything I can do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

If you have the original disks that came with your computer, the restore disks or reinstall disks.

If you can reinstall any version of windows.. Then you can then use this upgrade version to install windows 10 without having to pay for it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

It says its the assistive technology version, but its the same exact windows 10 that MS gave out for free.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied. If you do not submit a rating, I am in no way credited for my time. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.