Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a new HP desktop running Windows 10. I inserted what

Customer Question

I have a new HP desktop running Windows 10. I inserted what I believed was an MS bluetooth thumbdrive into a USb PORT and it began installing a device. HOwever, setup was interrupted and I can't get it to start again. What can I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 on an HP Pavillion
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, there were some auto updates today.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: None that I can think of. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Can you please let me know what exactly that device is and what you want to do with it? This will make it easier to understand what the actual problem is with it. There should be a name / model number on it.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, it's a MS something that I thought was to enable a wireless mouse.It looks like a small thumb drive.There is a p/n # and a PID #. Do you want those?

Thank you, ***** ***** you send me these please? In any case, I guess the mouse is not working as intended, is this correct? And just to make sure: there are batteries in the mouse already, right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is that when I inserted it in the USB port, it began setting up a device. Unfortunately, the setup got interrupted and now it won't do anything when I insert it, not even restart or continue the setup. Anyway, the p/n # is x820594 008. The PIN # is 01***-***-****916 11018

Thank you, ***** ***** should not really matter, as it silently re-installs next time you plug it in. Just to make sure: are there batteries in the wireless mouse?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but unfortunately I need to run Lorenz, but I appreciate your efforts.

Let me know when you are back, we can do a remote-assistance then and I will nail down the problem and fix it. I am here today for the next 7 hours and tomorrow as well. Just message me.

Have a great day for now,

Lorenz Vauck