Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I was trying to install google maps and accidently changed

Customer Question

I was trying to install google maps and accidently changed my google chrome screen. How do I restore the original acreen?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: i am not a high tech dude The windows 10 is still foreign to me.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only if he can make me a computer whiz!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What was changed on your Google Chrome screen?

What was your original Google Chrome screen?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Per our conversation, once the optimizing process is done, it will let you set up the phone again; follow the on-screen instructions, and when prompted for Google account, make sure to sign in your gmail email address.

; Note: If you forgot the password ***** your google / gmail account password, then you can reset it at the website below:

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

; If prompted for security, you can choose pattern or password ***** none, etc. If you want security, make sure to write down your pattern and/or password.

- Also, if needed, sign in your Google / gmail account at the website below, and see if your Contacts are there:

https://www.google.com/contacts/

- If needed, see if your photos are at the Google website below:

http://photos.google.com

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you for your patience,

I'm sorry. Please ignore my last reply; that was a mistake posting to the wrong question.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide a possible solution you can try when you are available. Please wait a bit. Thank you,

Please try the following:

1. In Google Chrome program, click on the 3-dot icon (or 3-bar icon) at the upper right corner, then click on Settings.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on option Show advanced settings if shown.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom again, then click on option Reset settings.
  4. Then click on option Reset.
  5. Wait a bit for it to finish.
  6. Then close Google Chrome program.
  7. Then re-open Google Chrome program and check.

- If that does not work, please let me know the followings: What was changed on your Google Chrome screen? What was your original Google Chrome screen?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly and quickly for you. I can also fix any other computer issue if you have.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,