Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

Need HDD password for gateway notebook, model # NX570X,

Customer Question

need HDD password ***** gateway notebook , model # NX570X
JA: Just to clarify, what is your notebook's exact make and model?
Customer: Gateway Model # MA7 gateway notebook with windows Vista
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no it won't let me passed the Bio
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't really know . I can't get in to do anything
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 6 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you access BIOS settings? or is it also password ***** and you can't enter to BIOS also? If you can enter to BIOS settings you can disable or reset HDD password. If you can't enter to BIOS settings also, there is no easy way to remove/reset the HDD password. So the only option I can recommend is to contact the manufacturer for a back door or hardware solution -- bear in mind there may be a charge and you will almost certainly be required to provide proof of legal ownership. You can contact Gateway by using the following link: http://www.gateway.com/worldwide/support/

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards

Jins