Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I purchased a 1 year subscription of McAfee security on my

Customer Question

hello i purchased a 1 year subscription of McAfee security on my old h.p stream it got damaged and i would like to to transfer that security to my new Chromebook 11. i paid for it with a visa gift card that is no longer available due to it was expired from its limits i paid McAfee 39.95 and only have a verification code now #56678
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: my computer is a a Acer notebook 11 model cb3-111
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes the Acer tells me its updated and i heard some updates could also be malware i tried to install as many free trials as possible and they only go to my uploads where my pictures are stored.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i have a virus a girl from Ghana Africa that left my google hangouts degraded and i no longer can log into Facebook when i click on anything for facebook it go directly to searching for blank and Chromebook forum only says its impossible to get a virus on this model.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: you cannot get into my computer cos i'm in a nursing home and their guest connection won't allow remote access. tried so many things i'm exhausted mentally-i wish i could just kill the bitch from Africa-L.O.L.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear what happened.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 month ago.

You cannot install Mcafee on a Chromebook. Chromebooks are not like windows or mac computers and everything that can be installed is done through the gogle app store. As for viruses I do not think you are a traditional windows type virus but there could be something wrong with the computer.

What I would suggest is you look over this article and perform a reset of the chromebook. Since the chromebook saves everything online a reset should get it back in working order without you loosing anything.

Have a look here https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/3438631?hl=en

At this time please take a moment to click the stars up top, 3 or more to indicate you have received my answer and advice,

Thank you,

Chris

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, did you still need help with this?