Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an older desktop I do my business on. It ran on

Customer Question

I have an older desktop I do my business on. It ran on Windows 7. I updated to windows 10 but used internet explorer to do my work. Yesterday my desktop icons disappeared and I could not get them back. My wife tried to fix it and reinstalled windows 7 again, by doing a restore. She got the windows 7 but lost my printer, pictures, invoices and more. What can I do .
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

This will depend on how she put windows 7 onto your computer.

First, if you click start, computer

Then click on C Drive.

Do you see a folder called windows.old?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,