Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an account with yahoo but cant access it due to the

Customer Question

i have an account with yahoo but cant access it due to the fact that my Landline number was used in creating the account and verification code cant be sent to it because its not a mobile phone
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: roughly 3 days
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just that
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I may deduce it from your question, but I need to ask to make sure the assumption is correct, please: Have you forgotten your password ***** the Yahoo! account, and/or does it not work when entered at your login screen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

Then why is it a problem, if you have access to your account, can log in and use it ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have a number for my account but its none existance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do i do

Then you need to go into your Account Settings, and change that number to one that does exist or does work for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but i cant login due to the fact that i forget my password

OK. So in other words, your password ***** ***** working, but you cannot retrieve information or recovery information to a non-existent or not-in-service phone number. Correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
very true

Then I regret to say I don't know what to suggest for this case, but having elicited the basic facts, I must Opt Out of the case, in favor of another Expert in this category (at no additional charge to you.) I have done so, opening the case up to the general body of Experts.

Thank you for your patience meanwhile.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.

I will do my best to check for all possible options for you to regain access to your Yahoo! e-mail account and will let you know what to do. Please type your e-mail address here so that I can check your account.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,