Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Coffee was spilled on my laptop. It was plugged in. The next

Customer Question

coffee was spilled on my laptop. It was plugged in. The next day I tried to turn it on, not knowing about the coffee. Nothing happened. Now we are trying to remove the back cover to look for any noticible damage. We removed the screws but it seems to still be connected in the center. What should I do??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and identify the fault.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The computer will not power up. I need to remove the back cover..
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Do not power on the computer spillage will damage the main motherboard.

Remove the battery and unplug the ac adapter.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

What is the make and model?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There's no make or modle number only lenovo I bought it 2015 as a floor model at frys I cant get the back cover off how do you get it off? The back cover is all one piece
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

can you click i a picture of the back and post it here using your cell phone. I can tell you after i have a look at the picture.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pic of lenovo
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

picture not clear dont use camera flash put the laptop under a good light and click a fill view of the bottom panel.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is the picture
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Sill not clear, nevermind you can give me the model number it must be printed on the Lenovo sticker at the bottom panel.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took another one. Is it better?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

can you tell me the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No model #. Did u see last pic
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

yes i saw the pic and the lenovo label in the pic was blurred and hazy so could not see whats printed on it

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

just check on the labels on the back panel and front panel if you see anything like MTM or serial#

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are the only numbers on the back: MTM 59418271 and S/N WB15441780 MO WB04101008