Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Is there a method (or batch file) to determine what version

Customer Question

Is there a method (or batch file) to determine what version of Adobe Reader, Flash, Shockwave, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Java are currently installed on a workstation. I work on a lot of network workstations that I need to keep all of the above on the same versions across the network.
Thanks
Kevin
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I need to ask: does your question relate to Windows platform workstations, or Linux, or MAC OS X, or all/any of those and/or others?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows only

Is the batch file or other routine, supposed to report results to the command line, or to a remote location on the LAN, or farther away on the internet?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well a central location ie. my workstation on the network...I use RDP to get into each workstation so it could be run on each or if possible go out to the workstations and report back to my workstation or one of the Windows 2012 Servers.

OK. I get the full picture.

I will do research as to the feasibility of this... or whether anything ready-made can be found.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Russell,
Thanks for the initial help but I think this might be more than this site can deliver so I will end this request. Probably better suited for freelancer.com
Thanks
Kevin

Thank you for letting me know that the question and case are ended, Kevin. I regret not being able to deliver a full result sooner.

I appreciate your asking your question here at JustAnswer.com. Have a good day.