Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm locked out of my Dell. I forgot my password and I can't

Customer Question

I'm locked out of my Dell. I forgot my password ***** I can't get past it. I tried F8 and it didn't happen. I thought I could reinstall to factory default in safe mode.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It is an Inspirion 15. No I have not used it in several months so I forgot the password.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is this going to cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Ok
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a ripoff. You have already charged me $31 for nothing. Forget it. I just lost the money, I suppose. But I would like a refund. Pearl said it would cost $5.00 and the tech would tell me how much to answer the question. I was charged before I even got to you.

I'm sorry. Is there any problem? Did you see my previous reply above? In order for me to fix the issue, I need to ask you some questions first. We guarantee our service, so don't worry.

Does it show a name or username at the Dell computer's password ***** login screen?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have to go to work. I will get back to you when I get home. or later this evening.

OK, I'll be back very late tonight, so if you are available late, we can continue. Or we can continue tomorrow. When you can, please turn on the problematic Dell computer, then let me know the followings:

1. Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
2. Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

- Also, if needed, is it okay to reset the Dell computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I gave the computer to my neighbor to fix. He's an IT specialist.

OK, please let me know if you still need further help later. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't need help. He set it back to factory default. I really don't think you should charge me $31 for this. Though you were very nice, you didn't help me. And again, Pearl said it would be $5 until you were able to help me.

I'm sorry; that was just a deposit; I'll have our customer service contact you about the billing soon. I could have fixed your computer issue quickly for you if you were available previously, but I'm glad you got it working now. We are refunding this for you. If you need help with any other computer issue in the future, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you for the update.