Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Asus 550 laptop won't restart after the screen goes

Customer Question

My Asus 550 laptop won't restart after the screen goes quiet. The keys are lit up but there is no screen interface. I have had this problem before and somehow a tech at Best Buy fixed it without teaching me what to do.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Q552U; Windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, about a week ago. It took a very long time.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I can think of.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

you mean when it goes to sleep mode it doesnt wake up when you hit the keyboard.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It goes to sleep and I cannot get the screen to light up; cannot interact with the computer: screen stays dark.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

what have you tried so far to get this fixed from your side.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot do anything with the computer. I am on a different laptop. I heard from a tech that I could do a hard shutdown and then remove the battery and then hold down the start key in an attempt to get any residual electrical charge discharged from the computer and then maybe upon replacing the battery the computer would work. I do not have the micro Allen wrench needed to take the entire back off that laptop.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The battery charging light shows orange; I don not know if that means the battery is defective or if instead the battery is charging normally.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

push and hold down the power button on the computer for 45 seconds and then wait for 1 min before turning it back on.

Turn it on and let windows load once you are in windows open justanswer email and launch this chat on the Asus computer.

I can remote connect and check the problem and make necessary changes to fix it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does this mean I pay $39? Plus $5? The Asus is under warranty.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

The problem is not the computer you will not get any warranty on windows support. The problem is with windows settings.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you going to achieve a permanent fix? This problem has happened before.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

It will be a permanent fix.

Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Secure Remote Access is an additional service which allows the expert to work directly on the problem and it provides quick resolution, you can sit back and watch while the experts fixes the problem right in front of you. This saves you a whole lot of time and money from hiring an onsite technician.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will try to get the Asus lit up and then get back to you. Is that going to work, from an email?
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

yes it should and if you find any problem go to www.jusanswer.com and login to get this chat open on the laptop.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
More and more of my info is being requested. I do not want random calls to my phone in the future. That has been a problem in the past. I am out. Thanks,
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

you can come back any time you need my assistance i am ready to help.