Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a 1T hard drive that was partitioned into 2 drives.

Customer Question

I have a 1T hard drive that was partitioned into 2 drives. After a Windows 10 update last weekend, one of the partitioned drives is now now showing in File Explorer. How do I restore this drive?
Help!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hi Carol, how are you today?

Do you remember whether you re-partitioned the drive when Windows 10 was installed?

If you're not sure it's okay, we can go through it together.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

Are you getting my messages, Carol?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI Martin: I did not do anything but install the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7. Updates were installed last weekend and now one of my drives is "missing". I have researched as much as I can on the internet to know that it is not lost, but just not accessible. Can you help me retrieve this information?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

If you didn't partition the drive, it might be hidden - can I connect with you remotely so I can try to retrieve it for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this an additional charge? I have already been charged $40.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

It is the price for the remote session which is guaranteed and refundable for 30 days. Providing we can't get the drive back we can speak to billing and get you a full refund.

Would you like to begin?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thanks. I am going to investigate other ways to fix this issue. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

Okay I'll be here if you can't figure it out and reconsider - I have lowered the amount for you as well.

Regards,