Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I cannot access my facebook account...I had one

Customer Question

I cannot access my facebook account...I had one yesterday...with all my friends...so today I cannot access it...tried to set up another account...what a joke. None of the "friends" listed are my friends as before... I cannot access any of the groups I belonged to as GERMAN SHEPHERD LOVERS I have had the fb account a very ling time...in fact I think I had a different email account (*****@******.***) I do not use hughes.net anymore. I tried to set up new account with my***@******.***...but i want the friends and groups I had before.. not a bunch of people unknown to me and certainly no help in restoing my groiups...
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Facebook doesnt work that way. You cannot 'restore' groups to a new profile.

You have to readd all friends, groups, events, calendars etc. when getting a new profile.

You can do this, but you cannot 'transfer' info, posts, people, groups etc from one account

to another. You can make a back up once you gain access in case you want to save all your

fb communications thus far, but you cannot merge accounts.

What you should focus on is the other account. Also, if FB catches you with 2 accounts, they

will hit you with authenticate the account and make you 'choose' one of the accounts, if not delete

both your accounts.

We need to go in and find your old profile and try to figure out what email you used for the other one

and gain access to it.

When you are ready, let me know.