Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Had new hard drive installed, and cannot find my contact

Customer Question

had new hard drive installed, and cannot find my contact list on Skype. I'm using imac El capitan system
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have had this computer 5 years,originally Snow Leopard,I had full list of contacts and some credit. Now with El Capitan lost contacts and of course credit
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I've tried to instal Skype but it doesn't have my contact list. Im using same login details. User name and password
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hopefully no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.
  • Please make sure you have the latest version of Skype installed.
  • If you have more than one Skype account, make sure you are signed in with the correct Skype Name
  • Check that your contacts are visible: Sign in to Skype and select Contacts > Hide Contacts Who and make sure that all options are unticked. If any option is ticked, click to untick it.
  • Click Contacts > Contact Lists > All to make sure all of your contacts are displayed.
  • If you cannot see your Microsoft Outlook contacts within your Skype contact list, make sure that Outlook is running, then open Skype and click Contacts > Show Outlook Contacts (if this option isn’t ticked already).
  • If you have recently signed in to Skype with a Microsoft account for the first time and can’t see your Messenger buddies in your Skype contact list, wait about half an hour and check them again as it may take some time to synchronize your Skype contact list with Messenger.

Let me know if you still need help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?