Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I need to insert a Date Picker or date Box into a excel

Customer Question

Hi I need to insert a Date Picker or date Box into a excel spreadsheet Into a particular cell. So when I choose that cell the date box will open up and then I can choose a date.
I have worked out how to do it using the Developer Tab then navigate to Insert then more Control Then picking the date command line. Unfortunately this option will not work when I Share the Workbook as when another person receives the workbook the date box will not work. I have Googled the Question and have come up with a couple of links that involve VBA Code and inserting it into modules. I am not that great at reading these codes and inserting them into a work book. I am capable of inserting a VBA Module into a Workbook but a bit of a novice.I need Step by Step instructions on how to do it including editing the VBA Code that is in the VBA to enable me to select the particular cell that I want the date box to work on. Also I only want the Date box to work on one cell only. I would also need to know if the date format needs to be changed to suit any region.I tried these links but really dont understand how to edit it for it to work for me and there is a forum with lots of bloggs on one of the posts so I am not sure if they found a answer. To the question clear the date box has to work when I sent the workbook to some one elses computer. I have a second PC to test.Here are the links I found. You may be able to find another solution?To fix date follow http://www.yogeshguptaonline.com/2010/01/excel-macros-excel-date-picker.html and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9382776/how-to-add-a-datepicker-in-excel-that-works-when-sending-it-to-others
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What I mean by step by step instruction is tell what the maco is if I need one and tell whete to paste it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also Other macros need to run after the date box has been picked as other macros will copy that date so I dont want the second macro to stop each time it passes the macro that initially created the date.
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi BhavikI did wait a while and I did not get a response from a expert and have found the answer myself.

Oh, I am so sorry, I started drafted answer for this and lost in between with some other stuffs.

Glad that your issue is resolved now.Let me know if you need any help in any other thing.