Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I had this great idea to create loan disclosure statements

Customer Question

Hi,I had this great idea to create loan disclosure statements in excel instead of what is available, PDF or expensive software. It works perfectly when we uploaded the excel documents to our website and tried downloading them on our PCs. The problem is that the formatting varies depending on who’s PC has downloaded them. Easy problem to fix for me but not to the user who isn’t familiar with excel plus we protect the formatting and non-fallible cells. Is there any way to eliminate this problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. As you are finding out, there is really no way to maintain the Excel files so that they look the same all the time on different computers.

One way to fix this is to convert the Excel document to a PDF file, which you can then give to the customer.

You can install CutePDF Writer, which will allow you to 'print' to PDF from any application.

You can find the application at the following site: http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

You will want to click the "Free Download" link and the "Free Converter" link. Download both of those files and run them.

After that is installed, you can print to pdf. From within any application, click File > Print. In the window that comes up change the "printer" to "CutePDF" writer and click Print. It will ask you where to save the pdf to and then save it. Now you can send those new PDF files out.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

If you need any help setting that up, please let me know.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason