Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I was just talking with a technician who said he worked for

Customer Question

I was just talking with a technician who said he worked for Microsoft and he gave me the program "" to run, but I'm leery of that. English is not his native language though he says he is located in San Pedro, CA. He says his name is ***** ***** from Windows
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows server Dept. can I trust him or am I being scammed?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did you get my message about every the phone call asking for access to my computer? I feel so if I am being scammed.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 4 days ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

If you received any call from a service claiming to be Microsoft/Windows (or likewise) and offering to repair your computer or for any other tech services, please IGNORE them - they are not affiliated with those services in any way. They trick users into allowing them remote access to their PCs and then install their worthless programs and other malware, while charging the users for doing so.Microsoft will never place unsolicited calls to anyone unless their services are specifically requested for. For further info, please check out the following official support article on this scam:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to click on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.