Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I am getting this when I try to scan -the software had

Customer Question

I am getting this when I try to scan -the software had trouble scanning or was cancelled. Please try again.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP laserjet 1312
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this going to cost me anything?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 days ago.

Our service is not free, though we do offer extremely competitive rates and also, we offer a fix it or refund full satisfaction guarantee. Were the only legitimate technical support company that has that type of guarantee.

Would you like to proceed with paid support under those conditions? If so, lets start by answering the following

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Please respond when you can, thank you.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
windows 10
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This is the prompt I am getting when I try to scan the software had trouble scanning or was cancelled. Please try again.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 days ago.

Thank you. What specific software or program is it that you are using when you get that error?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
HP Color Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 days ago.

I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection ( screen sharing ) and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card company blocks the transaction and a quick call to them will usually lift the block

For further information you can call our customer service department.

In the meantime I am sending the remote connection offer back to you to be approved when you are ready.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm getting a prompt to update my account info and I have
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Never mind. Let's just end the session
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 days ago.

If you want to end the session thats fine, and completely up to you. We could however, proceed with just written support if you do not want secure remote assistance.

if you do not want to continue, our customer service link here will help you submit for a refund.

If you did want to continue, let me know.

Dustin S