John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Could you tell me if I have virus protection. I tried to

Could you tell me if I have virus protection. I tried to install one but it would not accept it
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Somewhat. It is fairly new. The warranty just expired
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I tried but it would not accept it. But I don't know how to see what I have
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Are you using a windows or mac computer?

Note: -If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer, its optional and only need to use if it’s necessary. You can close (x) that pop up for the time being and then use the reply box below to reply to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
windows
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
John are you still there

Yes i am still here.

Do you know which version of windows is installed in it,Is Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

OK which anti-virus did you try to install?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but I think it is windows 10
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Microsoft security essentials, but I don't know if I still have virus protection that came with my computer

Windows 10 comes with Microsoft security essentials which is know as defender so unless you haven't installed any other anti-virus or turn off Microsoft defender it will be working but if you want i can remote access to your PC and check it for you.Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How long do have this virus protectionn
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you tell me how long do I have this virus protection

Its free so it will be working as long as Microsoft stops the update for it.

If you can navigate around you can check it yourself too,Here is the how you have to do it

Click Start button and then click on Settings then Update & security then Windows Defender.

In that you can turn it on and off and check its settings

So far Microsoft hasn't declared any end of life or end of support period for Microsoft defender in windows 10.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will I be notified if they do

Yes it will be notified through the system tray icon or through the windows 10 notification.

You can also find more about Microsoft defender using this link too : - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-defender

Is there anything else you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
one more question. How long does the support system last for the fee of $39.00

I am not sure of the subscription details but you can get the details from our customer service using this link : - http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone?category_id=160

If you have question regarding the same Microsoft defender you can get back to this page later and let me know and i will get back to you as soon as possible

Are you clear ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think so

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,