Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

Just a quick question. There is an express card slot on the

Customer Question

Hi, just a quick question. There is an express card slot on the left lower front of my Lenovo laptop/tablet x230, model 3434CTO (or 3434-CTO),
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: S/N PK-0XW5M, running Windows 7 Pro....
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not recently. I'm trying to work through about a hundred or so that my son didn't do the last couple years :(
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's all... just wondering what it was for, whether it was obsolete, or if there was some new function for it nowadays...
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The slot you see in the front of the laptop is a 4-in-1 cardreader slot which will allow you to transfer information from memory cards like SD Cards which are used in cameras and similar devices.

Expert:  Wes replied 4 months ago.

So it's not exactly an express-card slot which are used to add peripherals like network cards, usb ports, modems, etc.