Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How do I change my password to get into my computer?

Customer Question

How do I change my password ***** get into my computer?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you cannot open any program on your computer?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can open everything just fine but you said to change all my passwords. And I just don't know where to go beyond my login when I turn my computer on. I have Windows 10. No user name at that login (HDD/SSD). Never has been.

I'm sorry. Please ignore that for now. Did you ask about Capslockit solutions if it was scam?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Yes, it was certainly a scam. That was just a fake popup message. Usually, you just shut down / restart the computer and the issue should be resolved. No legitimate support company would contact you randomly nor they would display popup messages automatically on your computer's screen. Please always ignore any popup window message (or email message or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Did they install any program on your computer? Is there still any issue with your computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, not at this time. Everything appears to be working just fine and I know where to go to change the password ***** my email my bank account etc., but I don't know when I first turn on the computer how to change that password

Thank you. Here is how you can change your password ***** your computer's login:

- Click on Start, then click on Settings (or gear icon), then click on Accounts, then click on Sign in options, etc., and change the setting / password *****

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I looked up Caps Lock it Solutions and it appears to be an Emerson company. Does that ring any bells with you as far as being Microsoft authorized service people?

Yes, it has a very bad service rating F at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/computers-service-and-repair/capslock-itservices-in-orlando-fl-90324624

- For more details about Microsoft support scams, please click on the website below:

http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/news-events/consumer-tips/2016/05/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-microsoft-support-scam/

You do not want to deal with any company that contacts you automatically. Whenever you need computer support, you would contact a support company yourself. No legitimate company would contact you randomly nor they would display popup messages automatically on your computer's screen.

- Are you able to change your computer's login password *****?

Please let me know. Thank you,