Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Did you not receive my prior email regarding Capslockit

Customer Question

Did you not receive my prior email regarding Capslockit solutions. When my computer crashed several days ago there was a message to call a specific phone number for help with my computer which I did. The company Caps Lickit Solitions informed me that they were Microsoft authorized and could work on my computer to fix it. They also talked me into a $400.three year security package which I agreed to. Computer issues have been resolved however I am left with the feeling that I was taken advantage of. I am just wanting to confirm with you that they are a bona fide Microsoft authorized company and that I wasn't duped .
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running? I'm trying to find the right Computer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Give me a half a minute and I will let you know. It's a Toshiba but I don't know what the model name or number is ***** a minute please
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - just if I have been duped out of $400 and whether they are Microsoft authorized
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a scam. That was a fake popup message. Usually, you just shut down / restart the computer and the issue should be resolved. No legitimate support company would contact you randomly nor they would display popup messages automatically on your computer's screen. Please always ignore any popup window message (or email message or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Did they install any program on your computer? Is there still any issue with your computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

It was a scam. That company has a very bad service rating F at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/computers-service-and-repair/capslock-itservices-in-orlando-fl-90324624

- For more details about Microsoft support scams, please click on the website below:

http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/news-events/consumer-tips/2016/05/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-microsoft-support-scam/

You do not want to deal with any company that contacts you automatically. Whenever you need computer support, you would contact a support company yourself. No legitimate company would contact you randomly nor they would display popup messages automatically on your computer's screen.

- Are you able to change your computer's login password *****?

- Click on Start, then click on Settings (or gear icon), then click on Accounts, then click on Sign in options, etc., and change the setting / password *****

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,