Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Paperport Pro 14 working great until today. When I click on

Customer Question

Paperport Pro 14 working great until today. When I click on icon to start up, the only thing that comes up is the initial start up icon then everything stops. The Task manger Shows it is running but nothing is changing. MY OS is windows 10
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 MSI AE 70
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: This afternoon before that in September. Paperport stopped before the update. Note I open up paperport this morning and uploaded a PDF from a Flash Drive. Then went to my next stop and it would not open. maybe just happenstance
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have done a system restore and undid the system restore because there was no affected change.
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Paperport Pro 14 does not appear to be compatible with Windows 10. However, we may be able to make it work. Are you running it now in COMPATIBILITY mode?

Are you running it now in COMPATIBILITY mode?

Please reply to me in the box below.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
For some reason this box is not showing up on my computer this is from my phone. I need to connect with you on my computer

Yes, please reply when on your computer. I will be away from my desk for the next 1/2 hour or so, but will return. Thank You.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
OK now I am in a different search engine. I have tried the compatible mode no change. Note I have Paperport on two other computers with no issues both with windows 10
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Lets try this first
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am using my desktop to communicate with you. My lap top is the one with the issue.

I sent you an offer for remote connect, as this would really be the easiest and most effective way to try to get this working. There is a satisfaction guarantee. Would you like remote service?

If not, please let me know if the laptop recently had a windows update.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I just solve the issue. I have been searching for several hours. There was an open mru in the system . once deleted it worked. Thank you for your time.