B. Rath
B. Rath, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I was upgraded at no cost to windows 10 and now someone is

Customer Question

I was upgraded at no cost to windows 10 and now someone is telling me that I have to pay a fee to use it going forward. Is that correct?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 9 days ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

If you already upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, you can keep using it forever for free and there will be NO fee going forward. It's just that Microsoft got rid of the free Windows 10 upgrade a couple of months back, and so users that did not upgrade before that would now need to purchase a copy of Windows 10 and use it to upgrade accordingly. So, this is not applicable for you since you already carried out the free upgrade before it was no longer unavailable.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page. Thank you.