Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a chromebook and i want to scan a document with my

i have a chromebook and i want to scan a document with my canon mx922 and attach it to an email

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Chromebooks only print to cloud printers and scanning is the same.

Best way to accomplish this.......is to use the printer to scan and send the scan to your email.

But that may or may not be a feature in your mx922

I will check if you can do this.

Stand-By

unfortunately that printer is not cloud ready, and therefore is not compatible with a ChromeBook.

However, you can scan a document and save it to a USB stick.

Then pop the USB stick into the chromebook.

Thats the only way, because there are no drivers for this printer that are compatible with a chromebook, nor is this printer cloud ready.

You can only use it with a Windows, or a Mac computer.

You can also network the printer, but that still requires a windows or mac computer to print from the network.

.

So........unless you get a new printer......you wont be able to print to this printer (mx922) FROM the chromebook directly.

.

Just a moment and i will grab the instructions for the scan to USB stick that will work for you.

Here is the exact instructions to scan to USB stick (keep in mind you need to connect a USB stick to the printer)

Click on the link below to open the image with the instructions.

Please take a moment to rate my performance......Thank You