Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I received a notification which reads:

I received a notification which reads:
Your Computer has been blocked.
Error(###) ###-####eff12fb
It says I'm infected with spyware and a virus. There is more but it won't let me copy and paste so I'm going back & forth to type to you.
Please call us immediately at(###) ###-####
Please do not ignore this safety alert. If you close this page before calling us, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network. Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a spyware and a virus.
Our systems detected the following information is compromised ...
>Facebook Login
>Credit Card Number
>eMail account login
>Photos stored on this computer
You must call us immediately so that our engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone. A certified Windows Support agent is standing by for your call right now.
Now, I want to tell you, I am very vigilant about trying to keep my computer(s) clean & safe. Every time I sit down to use, I first run Malwarebytes. Then I check my Norton 360 ... which is current. I would very much appreciate if you would advise me as to whether or not this is a VALID notice from 'whoever'. Thank you.
Karen ***@******.***

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Your browser seems to have been hijacked by a malicious party that was showing up this fake alert/popup, and has nothing to do with Microsoft at all; so you may simply close out this page now. However, to make sure that your Chrome browser is completely clean now, please do this as well:

Click on the icon with three dots at the top-right of the browser window, and then click Settings.

Scroll down to the very bottom and click "Show advanced settings".

Next, scroll down further to the bottom and click "Reset settings", and reset Chrome when prompted.

This should do it. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.
Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.